Gary Hoagland, SRPA Memorial Scholarship Program
The Washington Idaho Montana Memorial scholarship program was established in 1992 to recognize Gary Hoagland, SRPA for his outstanding contribution to the appraisal profession and the Inland Northwest Chapter of the Appraisal Institute. Mr. Hoagland owned a real estate appraisal and consultation firm in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. He was a contributor to The Real Estate Appraiser and Analyst.
The objective of the Washington Idaho Montana Scholarship Program is to foster the development and promotion of WIM AI professionals in becoming designated members of the Appraisal Institute.
- Washington Idaho Montana Chapter members
- Student Affiliate members who are undergraduate students, majoring in real estate appraisal, economics, real estate, or allied fields, and are pursuing licensure or an Appraisal Institute designation
- Up to Three (3), Five Hundred dollar ($500) awards will be granted annually. Maximum amount awarded per individual is $500 per year and recipients are welcome to apply for scholarship consideration in future years.
- Awards will be given on a first come, first-serve basis.
- Awards can be utilized for education programs 12 months prior and up to 12 months after the award date.
- Awards may only be used for core courses required for Qualifying and Designated education programs offered by the Appraisal Institute.
FOR REFERENCE – Licensing Levels & Links
An appraiser trainee works under the direct supervision of a certified appraiser in good standing and may appraise the same
properties as the supervising appraiser. (The availability of this level varies from state to state).
Licensed Residential Real Property Appraiser
A licensed residential appraiser may appraise one-to-four (non-complex) residential units with a transactional value less than $1
million and one-to-four (complex) residential units with a transactional value less than $400,000.
Certified Residential Real Property Appraiser
A certified residential appraiser may appraise one-to-four residential units without regard to value or complexity.
Certified General Real Property Appraiser
A certified general appraiser may appraise all types of real property.